Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Star Wars Library Storybook Birthday Party

We went thrifty this year with a storybook birthday party at home.
James and Joel and Dad organized a puppet show called 'The Tortoise, the Hare and the Porcupine' to entertain guests and Mom sewed the red curtain. Grandma, Grandpa, Dad and Mrs. Parker were roped into reading picture books from the library - and they did a wonderful job.
James really wanted a Star Wars party. That is really not my thing. I was hoping he might change his mind, but alas. I tried. =) We had an X-wing fighter on top of the cake and theme table setting (including the all-essential yoda napkins). The only still pictures I have are of the cake blowing moment, sorry.


The kids are all getting into their lego ships and Star Wars toys now, and Anna can say 'Yoda'. She was my only hope.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cool cake! Good job Mom!

kentling said...

classy little pun there, Kim - "my only hope." I thought that was Obi wan...

Jacob and/or Karen said...

Yes, that was pretty good, princess.