Wednesday, October 8, 2008

You can't catch me! I'm the Gingerbread Man!

Today in language arts we read the "Gingerbread Man", and in Science we've been doing body parts and senses, so our closing activity was making gingerbread cookies (with a handy low-sugar recipe). We decorated with sunflower seeds and raisins and had a great time cutting/rolling and eating! As we peeked in the oven, Joel said, "Close the door quick! Before he runs away!" Here the boys show off their men before eating them (noting James' has a little hat).
Anna is ever the toddler wanna-be student. Pictured here decapitating her gingerbread man... and he was never seen again! =)

Joel now has the cheesy camera smile. I love it. We've read several versions of this story and few of them include the original ending of the gingerbread man being eaten by the fox. It is a great way to talk about how 'pride comes before a fall'. My boys can handle the gory details. And we have extra cookies for snacktime tomorrow - yum!

So far homeschool has been lots of work and lots of fun!

2 comments:

Eyes_Wide_Open said...

What fun! Hey, I never heard back from you Kim, but give me a call when you can. JJ and I would love to get together.

:)

Janine

Job 77 said...

I'd love to have that handy low sugar gingerbread recipe!