Monday, October 17, 2011

Fully Un-isolated

Congo is in the news this week!

Help is being sent for problems ongoing and seemingly unnoticed by the world at large for a decade. I'm infused with hope. This land I call my home frequently goes unnoticed.
I've heard it called lots of different names this week:


rugged
isolated
'Wild West'
troubled
poverty-stricken
backwoods

forgotten

Really people? Forgotten?
Maybe Congo is forgotten by some, but it is cherished by others.
She is the size of Western Europe! Forgotten?


She is certainly not forgotten, unnoticed or isolated from Him who spoke this breathtaking, wild country into existence.


He knows it all.


Every nook and cranny.


Every waterfall.


Every beautiful smile.


Congo is not isolated from God.


It is fully KNOWN.


And LOVED.


Isn't that just where we are?
Rugged, wild ; feeling isolated and forgotten.
But we don't have to be defined by any of those words.
Nope.
He sees us in our sin.
He pays for it "while we were still sinners",
knows us,
draws us in our ugliness near,
and loves us.

As Matthew Henry says, "No other such an instance of love is known."


That is as fully un-isolated as you can get.

4 comments:

Linda said...

Wow, what a great package of words you have shared with us! Beyond words, the meaning of them, the impact of them!

Yes, I heard this on the news a couple of days ago and I immediately thought of you.

I'm keeping you in my prayers.

Linda

Anonymous said...

This so totally applies to our Congo too. Exactly. Thanks for the words you just shared - a good reminder for me today, and an encouragement. Glad you are blogging again!

Trista

Anonymous said...

Amen!

Thank you for the testimony.

Praying for you and your family and the people of the country you love tonight.

Toyin O. said...

Amen, great post! I will keep Congo in prayer.