Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Oh to be Griet!

For quite a while now I've been wanting to reference a blog that was influential in my mommy life. People with 3 small children have unusually busy lives for a season. For us, we are throwing a nomadic and inter-cultural lifestyle full of packing and moving on top. I found that reading military wives blogs have some major things in common with my life. So a month or so ago I stumbled across this blog:
http://gypsy.chattablogs.com/

(just scroll down to 'Don't even sink about it' and look for the picture of Griet)

The hyperbole of Griet startled me with a laugh to my own unrealistic expectations. I'm not trying to keep up with the Joneses, I'm trying to keep up with Griet (though I still don't know how to correctly pronounce her name!) =) She's the supermodel who sews handwoven cloth into clothes for her perfectly calm little angels frolicking in the flowers she planted. Ha. No matter how hard we work, none of us is ever really Griet. It's a very good thing I don't set the standard for life! Once again I praise God for sending his Son who could meet the standard perfectly so WE DON"T HAVE TO!

Can you tell I'm procrastinating from unpacking? =)

No comments: