Monday, June 28, 2010

Day 4 Critters: Fuzzy Caterpillars (Chenilles)

Well, you've made it through the first half of my week about bugs -
surely it's not that bad! =)


These fuzzy friends are deceptively cute, but cuddling up with them can be mildly poisonous. There are many varieties, and we don't see them in the city often. This group was out in the forest sunbathing on a fence post. At least that's what I would want to do...





A similar pokey brown variety were fried up for lunch...


Gotta go!
Apparently when I was driving James back from the doctor's today we ran over a snake and Joel quickly learned the Swahili word: nyoki. Maybe I can get a picture!

2 comments:

Lemonade Makin' Mama said...

Oh you didn't just say you ate caterpillars, did you?

:)

Mrs. bradlie said...

that's what it sounded like to me... can we come form lunch hee hee