Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Pssst...

I don't have anything creative to say, but wanted you all to know that I finally FINISHED my living room upholstery sewing project today!!! And there will be pics. Three slipcovers, 15 buttons, one pillow and one seat cushion are DONE! After many months we finally have a furnished living room we can all enjoy. Of course, now all I can think about is the stenciled wallpaper I want to paint.

Thank you for your encouraging words. I was motivated to persevere because I knew you were waiting with me for this day. Eating one peanut M&M for each finished seam helped too...

Looks like Anna is really into sewing!

Or was she in it for the candy??

She pulls my pins out as I go and carefully sticks them back in the 'tomato' pincushion. She puts the foot down or up for me and turns the sewing machine on or off as needed.

She also sang loud random songs in a bizarre melange of languages that almost hurt my ears...

3 comments:

Linda said...

How exciting. I'm eager to see your pictures. How sweet that Anna was such a good helper. :)

Mrs. bradlie said...

What no pics? can't wait to see the fruits of your labor!

insanewith4 said...

YEAH!!!!! Good job! I know you are excited!